Please click any of the questions below to find out more:
- What is Jungle Town?Jungle Town is a new and innovative play experience for children who love role play. We have created a child-sized town, run by jungle animals, for children to explore. Jungle Town has its own play cafe, hairdressing salon, grocery store, house, building site, emergency corner, doctor’s surgery and dressing up rail! You can keep up to date with Jungle Town on our Facebook page.
- What are the start and finish times of each play session?Our play session times are:
Monday to Friday
9.15am – 10.45am
11.00am – 12.30pm
1.30pm – 4.30pm – Drop in & play
Saturday and Sunday
10.15am – 12.15pm
1.30pm – 3.30pm – Parties only
You can book any of our play sessions online or via telephone. Please call 01789 296637.
For the drop in & play sessions, you can arrive whenever you like and stay for as long as you like, up to closing time. On weekend afternoon we’re only open for pre-booked parties.
- Why do you have specific play sessions? We want each child’s experience to be as fun as possible, so after each session, we will tidy up and restore Jungle Town back to its original shipshape presentation, ready for the next round of explorers. This means that everyone gets the best possible experience in Jungle Town.
Following feedback from parents, we have recently introduced drop in & play sessions on weekday afternoons. We know that sometimes not everything goes to plan with children! The drop in & play sessions allow for a bit more flexibility. You can arrive whenever you like during the session and stay for as long as you like, up to closing time.
- How long is each play session?There are two play sessions in the mornings, lasting 90 minutes, on weekdays and one morning play session on weekends (lasting 2 hours). In the weekdat afternoons we run drop in & play sessions which means you can stay for as long as you like, up until closing time.
- How much is a play session?Our play sessions are £5.50 for the first child, £4.50 for the second child and £4 for the third and subsequent children, when booked together (either online or via telephone).
- Do you have a loyalty card?Yes we do! Pick up a Jungle Pass loyalty card at the Welcome Desk and your 10th session will be free!
- How can I save money with the Mighty 10 or Big 5 Packages?Our Mighty 10 and Big 5 packages are designed to help you save money on Jungle Town entry. The Mighty 10 package gives you 10 play sessions for £45 (working out at £4.50 per play session – a £10 saving!) The Big 5 package gives you 5 play sessions for £25 (working out at £5 per play session – a 50p saving every time you visit!) Your play sessions can be used at any time (subject to opening hours) and the packages can be used to admit more than one child at once. Find out more here: http://www.jungletown.co.uk/save-money-with-our-mighty-10-or-big-5-packages/
- How many children will be in each play session?To ensure everyone has a safe and enjoyable time at Jungle Town, we limit each session to a maximum of 30 children.
- Do I have to book in advance?You’re welcome to just turn up for a session but we advise pre-booking to avoid disappointment. Some sessions are fully booked or reserved for a private party and we wouldn’t want you to miss out.
- Can I buy Jungle Town sessions as a present?Our Mighty 10 and Big 5 packages are perfect to be bought as birthday or Christmas presents! The Mighty 10 package gives the birthday boy or girl 10 play sessions and costs £45. The Big 5 package gives them 5 play sessions and costs £25. You can purchase either package in Jungle Town.
- Can I wear shoes in the play area?Unfortunately not. As we have little ones crawling around, we ask all adults and children to wear socks in the play area. You can buy socks at Jungle Town for 50p if you forget yours.
- Is there an age limit at Jungle Town? We believe children up to 7 years old will get the most out of Jungle Town, but this is not a hard and fast rule. Any children who enjoy role play and can play gently with younger children are welcome.
- Do you host children’s parties? We do! Check out our ‘Parties’ page for more information.
- Can I leave my child in Jungle Town while I look around the garden centre? Sorry, no. While there will always be members of Jungle Town’s staff present, you are responsible for your child and will need to supervise them at all times.
- Is there parking? Yes, there is free parking in front of the garden centre.
- Do you charge for adults?We really encourage adults to play with their children in Jungle Town and so each child place comes with admission for 2 adults. Please reserve a place for any adults coming on our online booking system, but you will not be charged.
- Do you charge for babies and crawlers?Admission is free for babies and crawlers when they are accompanied by a paying child. Please reserve a place for them as “pre-walkers” on our online booking system.
We’ve found that Jungle Town can be a very stimulating place for crawlers, even when they’re not accompanied by an older sibling. If you’d like to bring a crawler without a paying child then the price is £2.75 per session. Bookings for crawlers can be made over the phone. Please call us on 01789 296637.
- Do you have baby changing facilities?We do!
- Do you have a toilet?We do!
- Do you serve food and drinks? No, but the garden centre has a lovely café which we highly recommend. You are welcome to bring your own drinks and snacks in to Jungle Town, but please only consume them in the reception area (not the play area).
- Can I bring a pushchair inside? We have limited space for pushchairs and buggies, so please leave them in the car if possible.
- Do you accept debit/credit cards? Yes, we accept most major debit and credit cards. You can reserve and pay for your session online using Paypal or your debit/credit card.