Please click any of the questions below to find out more:
- What is Jungle Town?Jungle Town is a new and innovative play experience for children who love role play. We have created a child-sized town, run by jungle animals, for children to explore. Jungle Town has its own play cafe, hairdressing salon, grocery store, house, building site, emergency corner, doctor’s surgery and dressing up rail! You can keep up to date with Jungle Town on our Facebook page.
- What are the start and finish times of each play session?From 22nd October 2018 our term time play session times are:
Monday: 9.45am – 12.15pm & 12.30pm – 3pm
Tuesday: Group bookings only
Wednesday: 9.45am – 12.15pm
Thursday: 9.45am – 12.15pm
Friday: 9.45am – 12.15pm & 12.30pm – 3pm
Saturday: 10.15am – 12:15pm & 1.00pm – 3.30pm
Sunday: 10.15am – 12:15pm
You can book any of our play sessions online or via telephone. Please call 01789 296637.
- How much is a play session?Our play sessions are £4.50 for the first child, £3.50 for the second child and subsequent children, when booked together (either online or via telephone).
Pre-walkers are free with an accompanying paying child, or £2.00 on their own.
- Do you have a loyalty card?Yes we do! Pick up a Jungle Pass loyalty card at the Welcome Desk and your 10th session will be free!
- How many children will be in each play session?To ensure everyone has a safe and enjoyable time at Jungle Town, we limit each session to a maximum of 25 children.
- Do I have to book in advance?You’re welcome to just turn up for a session but we advise pre-booking to avoid disappointment. Some sessions are fully booked or reserved for a private party and we wouldn’t want you to miss out.
- Can I buy Jungle Town sessions as a present?Absolutely. Call us on 01789 296637 and we will design a gift voucher for the number of play sessions you would like to gift.
- Can I wear shoes in the play area?Unfortunately not. As we have little ones crawling around, we ask all adults and children to wear socks in the play area. You can buy socks at Jungle Town for 50p if you forget yours.
- Is there an age limit at Jungle Town? We believe children up to 7 years old will get the most out of Jungle Town, but this is not a hard and fast rule. Any children who enjoy role play and can play gently with younger children are welcome.
- Do you host children’s parties? We do! Check out our ‘Parties’ page for more information.
- Can I book Jungle Town for my friends / NCT group / Playgroup / Twin Club or any other group? Absolutely! Have a look at our Groups page for more information.
- Can Jungle Town be booked for a nursery or pre-school visit? Yes! We’ve had lots of nurseries book exclusive play sessions at Jungle Town and it’s always worked very well. We can provide you with a risk assessment, an invoice and any other paperwork you need for a successful trip. Have a look at our Groups page for more information.
- Can I leave my child in Jungle Town while I look around the garden centre? Sorry, no. While there will always be members of Jungle Town’s staff present, you are responsible for your child and will need to supervise them at all times.
- Is there parking? Yes, there is free parking in front of the garden centre.
- Do you charge for adults?We really encourage adults to play with their children in Jungle Town and so each child place comes with free admission for 2 adults. Please reserve a place for any adults coming on our online booking system, but you will not be charged.
- Do you charge for babies and crawlers?Admission is free for babies and crawlers when they are accompanied by a paying child. Please reserve a place for them as “pre-walkers” on our online booking system.
We’ve found that Jungle Town can be a very stimulating place for crawlers, even when they’re not accompanied by an older sibling. If you’d like to bring a crawler without a paying child then the price is £2.00 per session. Bookings for crawlers can be made over the phone. Please call us on 01789 296637.
- Do you have baby changing facilities?We do!
- Do you have a toilet?We do!
- Do you serve food and drinks? No, but the garden centre has a lovely café which we highly recommend. You are welcome to bring your own drinks and snacks in to Jungle Town, but please only consume them in the reception area (not the play area).
- Can I bring a pushchair inside? We have limited space for pushchairs and buggies, so please leave them in the car if possible.
- Do you accept debit/credit cards? Yes, we accept most major debit and credit cards. You can reserve and pay for your session online using Paypal or your debit/credit card.